Thursday, July 8, 2010

Old Rivals & A Day at the Zoo

Every summer, a friend of mine from college organizes a Royals/Cardinals tailgate in KC during their series. My sister and brother in law drove over from STL and joined us for the game. It was a hot one ... I don't think I have ever sweated so much in my life! Regardless, we had a great time. I was hoping the Royals would pull off another win (they won the first game), but they weren't so lucky this time. Maybe it's because most of the fans were crowded around TVs in the stadium, cheering the USA on in the World Cup. Or maybe it was because I was the only one cheering on the Royals among our whole group. Or maybe it was because the Royals really aren't that great of a baseball team. Yeah, that's it.

After the game, we took Emily and Adam to one of our favorite restaurants - Thomas in Westport. Their buttermilk cider chicken is to die for and the live music rocks.
Ellasyn spent the day with Nana and Poppa. They visited the Deanna Rose Farmstead, and from the look of it, had a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...