My mom came along with us and we found a great hotel at a really cheap rate on www.priceline.com. They had big glass jars of cucumber and fruit flavored waters in the lobby - fancy. We woke up early the next morning and had a delicious breakfast at Wheatfields Bakery. Here is a sticky bun sampler platter that I couldn't resist trying. Need I say more?
We got to the zoo not long after it opened, and were able to get through most of it before we had to leave for Ella's nap. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day.
ROAR!
The Desert Dome
Kingdoms of the Night
The bat cave was so creepy, but so cool!
The Swamp
The Big Cats
Orangutan Forest
The Penguin Exhibit
The Aquarium
The Butterfly Pavilion
A very noisy train ride
We weren't really sure what this was ... a zebra-something combo. Strange.
The Jungle
It was the perfect way to spend a beautiful fall day!




That is our favorite zoo too! I grew up in Omaha and we love taking the kids there!
ReplyDelete