Here is a picture of my favorite trees as you leave our neighborhood and one of our backyard after Eli mulched all of the leaves away!
The leaves aren't the only things changing around here, though. I return to work this week, and am very anxious about the whole transition. I know I will be fine once I get used to our new routine ... I just hate change sometimes. I have already broken down a couple of times, just thinking about leaving Ella. What helps me most is thinking of the positives: listening to the radio (and not white noise) in the car on the way to work, enjoying some hot coffee (and not coffee that has been sitting in the pot for who knows how long until I can get to it), some peace and quiet while I work in my office (no fussy baby or nature sounds), seeing my friends and colleagues, seeing the kids at school, and getting back to helping children, families, and teachers and making a difference everyday. I am lucky to work an 8-4 job where I can leave at a decent time to go pick up my baby everyday. I also have several breaks to look forward to ... Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas, our annual ski trip in February, spring break, and a couple of months off in the summer. In the meantime, I will look forward to coming home and spending time with Eli and Ella every night. It will be okay ... I know it will.




No comments:
Post a Comment