
Ella has experienced a few "firsts" this week ...
She rolled over (all the way) for the first time on Wednesday, and we haven't been able to stop her since. This brings diaper changing and dressing to a whole new level. It also makes nighttime interesting, because once she flips, she doesn't quite know what to do except pick her head up and look around. Then she starts crying because she realizes that this position isn't the one she wanted to be in after all! I just wish she could figure out how to roll back the other way in the middle of the night!
I swear Ella laughed this week. It was the craziest thing ... we were over at my parents' house and she stared to get a little whiny for some reason or another. Grandpa tried to cheer her up, and she started to smile at him while fussing at the same time, so the combo made it seem like she was cracking up ... it was so exciting, but she hasn't done it since so I'm guessing it was a false alarm. It was a nice preview of what's to come, though!
On Thanksgiving day, we gave Ella rice cereal for the first time. She seemed to like it, or at least the small amount of it that actually made it into her mouth. The rest of it got smeared all over her hands and face. What a mess! Gotta keep practicing that keeping the tounge in the mouth thing ...
And the not so exciting "first" ... her first cold. It seems like there is so much stuff going around at my schools and at Ella's daycare, so I knew it wouldn't be long. She's got the whole shabang - stuffy/runny nose, sneezing, coughing, chapped/cracked lips. She has been such a trooper and has been relatively happy despite the fact that she is usually all congested. I read somewhere that kids get an average of 10 colds per year, so I guess we should just get used to this. It's just so hard not being able to do much for her - poor baby!
I'll end this post with a link to Ella's 3 month pictures. Our favorite ones are the ones on her tummy (she did amazing) and in the leaves (with Eli strategically holding her up). It's amazing to see how much she has changed since her newborn pictures ... what a big girl!




No comments:
Post a Comment