Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

Today was my first official Mother's Day, and it was everything I hoped it would be. I got to sleep in (thanks to Ella, who is a rockstar at sleeping late) and spent my morning sipping coffee and whipping up a lovely brunch for ourselves and my parents. I made a William Sonoma breakfast tart (thanks, Emily :)), 10 color fruit salad, and cinnamon chocolate chip coffee cake. We also had mimosas on hand - yummy.


After brunch, Ella took a long nap and Eli and I lounged around and watched a movie. The Blind Side - now that was an amazing movie. That evening, we made a target run and Ella got to roll around with us in her new shopping cart cover. Because of this magnificent thing, shopping with Ella is a whole new experience. She can sit up securely, play with her toys, slobber all she wants, and watch everything going on around her! She is the happiest baby in the world when she is shopping. She must have inherited that trait from her mom.


Ella has officially begun to crawl. She can coordiante those arms and legs together for a few shuffles before she gives up, but she's slowly getting it!

She's also doing this new thing - not sure what she is trying to accomplish with it, but it is dang funny. For all you yoga people out there, you might recognize this move as the "downward facing dog".


Last weekend, we went on a KC adventure with a "Flat Stanley" that we had visiting us from Irondale, MO (thanks to Eli's little cousin). In addition to pictures of Stanley, I got some great shots of Ella on her daddy's shoulders.




Lastly, here are some pics of Ella during one of her favorite times of the day - bath time. I can't wait to put this kid in a pool this summer. She is going to go crazy!
Ella and her favorite polka dot rubber ducky. Even if there are 20 toys floating in the tub, she wants this one - no matter how hard she has to work to grab it.

And of course, Marley Mo needed a bath, too. Needless to say, he wasn't as happy as Ella was to be in there.

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big and is as beautiful as ever! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Corben told me his Flat Stanley made it back but he couldn't bring home the pictures yet. I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...