Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Little Sunshine

Don't you just love summertime? So many things that make me smile ...

airplanes in the front yard


dinners on the back porch

bright colored flowers to look at everyday

swimming pools!

I am really enjoying my break from work and spending my days with Ellasyn. It recently hit me how much Ella has changed over the past month. One minute she was figuring out how to pull up on things ...

and then I blinked and she is figuring out how to climb up the stairs ...


It makes me so sad to think that our baby will soon be one - how crazy is that? This year just flew by, but we are enjoying every moment and every memory. It is so exciting to see Ellasyn grow up and to get a preview of her personality. Ella is adventurous, curious, charismatic, excitable, and very opinionated. She is not afraid to let you what she thinks about something, whether it makes her ecstatic or furious. She is also quite the screamer lately. When she gets excited or bored, she will squeal at the top of her lungs. I feel like I have to apologize profusely to people nearby when she does this, but really it's just hilarious.

Ella has also started to become more dependent on our attention. She will play for a while and then will crawl over to us and climb up our legs, wanting to be picked up. Although she has never been a snuggler, she loves to be up in our arms or crawling all over our laps.

She seems to understand a lot of what we say, and will even repeat sounds or gestures that we make. She will repeat words like "dadadada", "up (uh)", or "Ella (a-ya)", but hasn't said a word spontaneously yet ... I can tell it's coming soon, though! She definitely understands the word "no" and gives you the saddest pout when you tell her that she cannot do something. Although I can resist giving into that face, I cannot resist this adorable smile ...
Now is that not the cutest thing you have ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...