Sunday, December 19, 2010

Deliciousness

Here is my favorite chili recipe, one of the best I have come across so far. Not too spicy, not too sweet. Lots of colors, textures, and flavors. My mom loves Wendy's chili, so she googled it to see if she could find a recipe. Wa-lah ... just another reminder that I can't live without google.

Wendy's Chili
adapted from www.food.com

2 lbs ground beef
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce (I had to use 4 small cans)
2 16 oz cans kidney beans (with liquid) 
2 16 oz cans pinto beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
1 small can diced green chilis
6-7 stalks of celery, diced 
1 large can diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons cumin
3 tablespoons chili powder 
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water

Brown ground beef over med-high heat and drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or so. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers. Deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...