Monday, April 11, 2011

She's Crafty

I have always wanted to try my hand at making a quilt, and when I came across these directions, they seemed perfect for a beginner. I have had a really nice sewing machine since I graduated from college, and I have been wanting to make something special and homemade for Ella since we knew she existed. The result was this bright and colorful rag quilt.


I picked out 4 cotton fabrics and 1 fleece fabric (that all coordinated) and cut them into 9x9 squares - 48 squares of each cotton fabric and 24 squares of the fleece fabric (for the middle). My quilt ended up being 8x6 squares, which is huge! Pefect for snuggling or even a picnic in the park. The rest of the directions can be found here.


I highly recommend trying this if you have never made a blanket or quilt before. It is a bit time consuming (if you don't have all the fancy cutting tools), but super easy to make. Happy rag quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...