Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jelly Bean

I am super behind on my blog posts, so please forgive me for the time warp back to April. I'm gonna play catch up for a little bit only because I have lots of great pictures to share. Now that my life is slowing down for about 8 weeks during my summer break, I should fall back into regular posting. We'll see :)

Every year, our family has a tradition of gathering at someone's house a few days before Easter to dye eggs. Well, we no longer just "dye" them --- we go all out! My mom usually goes crazy at Hobby Lobby and brings with her bags of egg decorating accessories. Who says kids are the only ones who can have fun doing this? We actually have quite a competition among the adults to determine who has the most fantastic Easter egg. I think Eli won.

This year, Ella was old enough to join in the fun. I gave her a wax pencil and she went to town. I love the pictures of her watching us dye her egg - she was so fascinated by what was going on.


patiently waiting ...



The final product ... not too shabby for a one year old, eh?

The whole gang hard at work ... can you just see the creative juices flowing?

Wah-lah! Eli made the hula-hooping Indian Egg and won the grand prize. I went for the more contemporary egg look with my plaid and striped eggs

My mom suggested having Ella hunt for eggs at their house this year. They have a yard straight from the pages of a magazine and plenty of creative hiding spaces, so I was all for it. Ella had a blast and kept her bunny ears on the whole time. I was so proud!







I'm excited to have these family traditions that I hope will continue every year. Next year, we are hoping to try out some Easter Bunny pics. Based on our Santa experience, I have a feeling that this year would have been a total disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...