Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I think I have the best job in the world for two main reasons ... JUNE and JULY. It's been a tough work year for me, so when June 1 rolled around, I took a big, deep breath and let all the stress of the school year float away with Ella's bubbles.





It's been a great summer so far. Ella and I love sleeping in a little later, enjoying a long breakfast together, lazy days at home or an adventure somewhere, and not having a care in the world. I especially enjoy Ella's long afternoon naps that allow me to check things off my to-do list, read, or take a nap myself. Later in the evenings, we have been going on long walks/runs together on the trails to our local park, Sheridan's Frozen Custard (it cancels out, right?), or to live outdoor concerts by our house. I have been working on this Couch to 5K Running Plan to gear up for the Color Run in the fall and have been toning up with my 30 Day Shred DVD. I feel great and am so relaxed and happy. Just the other day, Eli told me he really likes "Summer Abby". Turns out I do, too.

I wanted to take advantage of every day I had with Ella this summer, so I created a Summer Bucket List full of things that we wanted to do together - everything from storytime at our local park to the new aquarium, catching fireflies in the backyard, and building robots with coffee cans. Here are some of our favorite adventures so far:

Deanna Rose Farmstead




  







Picking blueberries at The Berry Patch with some friends









Swimming and picnics in the backyard



  


Tuesday evenings at gymnastics





stamps at the end :)

and watching "moomies" at home in the nice AC


It's a rough life ...



Mama and dada have their own Summer Bucket List. #1 - lots and lots of outdoor concerts! Our first one of the year was a local music festival featuring my favorite band ... Foster the People. I felt like a 13 year old at a Justin Bieber concert. It was awesome.




In two days, we are hitting the road for Charleston, SC for a week of fun and sun with my sister and brother in law and my little brother (who lives there). I can't even begin to express how excited I am for this trip ... ocean views, relaxing on the beach, historic Charleston tours, kayaking in Shem Creek, fresh seafood, and a little bit of Southern culture and charm. Wahoo!

Summer Buck List item #13 ... build sandcastles on the beach. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...