Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pure Pumpkin Bliss

One of the last items left on my fall bucket list was to bake some homemade pumpkin bread. I got online and googled a recipe. This one popped up with an average of 4.8/5 stars based on 5000+ reviews, so I figured it must be pretty good. Man, was I wrong. This stuff is FREAKIN' DELICIOUS. I even altered it to make it slightly healthier, and it was still amazing. I am pretty sure this is going down as one of my favorite fall recipes of all time.

Pumpkin Bread
modified from the recipe found here (photo from website)

Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup apple juice (Simply Apple is the best)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (lighter than regular whole wheat flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (or spray with Pam for Baking) two ten-inch loaf pans. In a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, oil, juice, vanilla, and sugars until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and mix until just blended. Split batter into the prepared pans. Bake for about 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

So, not only does this stuff taste incredible, but it makes your house smell amazing. Totally puts my $20 Yankee Pumpkin Pie Candle to shame.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...