I'm not sure how long this will last, but it's pretty darn cute. I know having all of these things makes her feel complete and safe, and she's good about giving them up when she is going to preschool for the day or when we are going somewhere where she can't take them. It just makes me laugh that she is so protective of something that I would probably would have just thrown away (like a small bead, a flower petal, a teeny tiny eraser). I like to think that she sees the beauty in even the littlest things. We could all learn something from that ...
Ella's grown up a lot this year. Some days, I just look at her laying in her bed or sitting in her car seat and am amazed at how big she has gotten. She has learned so much and is her own little person now. She's the happiest kid and she gets so excited when she is able to do something all on her own. She loves telling stories, singing, being silly, and making us laugh. It blows my mind that we will possibly be talking about starting kindergarten in a year and half. WOW. I am beginning to see why everyone told me to enjoy every moment while she is little - it does go by way too fast.
Here are some of my favorite Ella pics from the fall and winter:
Ella and her cousin, Grace, watching a movie ..
Playing in the leaves ...
Birthday party at Deanna Rose Farmstead ..
Bowling birthday party ..
Ella and her second cousins ...
Halloween 2012. Months ahead of time, she told me she really wanted to be a robot. We got this costume all ready, and then she freaked out about having to wear it ("I don't want to be a robot anymore! I want to be a princess now!"). After a little convincing and a reminder about the all the candy she was going to get, she sucked it up. She already told me that she wants to be a witch (like her Nana) next year.




No comments:
Post a Comment