Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Any Day Now!

We are down to less than two weeks, so baby girl could come any day now. At our sonogram last week, we learned that she is in position and ready to go - head down, face down, which is a relief. She was so smushed in there, so we didn't really get to see much except for her heart and some other vital organs, which all look great. We did get this fabulous picture of her foot, though ... what a beautiful foot it is!


At our doctor's appointment this week, the doctor basically gave us the option to have her whenever we wanted to. We could wait and see if she comes on her own or we could set up a day to be induced. We decided we wanted to wait one more week to see how this all progresses and then make a decision from there. It's crazy that you can pick a day to have your baby if you want to! My doctor cracked us up when he said, "it's like making reservations for dinner" =).

I am feeling pretty good given that I am so unbelievably pregnant at this point - just a little bit of discomfort (mainly in the evenings) where I have some cramping and/or minor contractions. I am trying to keep myself busy around the house, doing some last minute projects and organization. The nursery is stocked and ready to go. Here are some updated pictures! My mom created the polka dots on the wall by painting some wooden circles to match everything else in the room - so cute!



I've also been cooking up a storm this week, freezing some food to hold us over for a while after the baby comes. I've been making double amounts so that we can eat some and freeze the rest. I told Eli to enjoy this while he can ... a homemade meal almost every night for a week! Here's a pictures of me whipping up a yummy lasagna.



So they say that "nesting" is normal towards the end of your pregnancy, and I have definitely been on a mission to keep our house as spotless as possible. What I didn't realize, however, is that Eli would experience some nesting of his own. He spent most of last week painting the main areas in our house and if you have seen our house and all of our vaulted ceilings, this was no easy task. We have officially painted every room in our house now, and it all looks great. Eli's next project is installing hardwood floors in our kitchen, which he is doing himself. Keep your fingers crossed that it gets done before Baby G makes an appearance! We'll be sure to keep everyone updated when that big day arrives. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers that labor/delivery goes as smoothly as this pregnancy has!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of you Abby! Best of luck with everything. I can't wait to hear the news and see baby G!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...