Ella turned 18 months old last month and we had to go all out and make cupcakes, of course. These served double-duty as half birthday and Valentine's day cupcakes. Red velvet with cream cheese buttercream. Yum. Might say we were celebrating the love of our life!
I can't believe my baby is a full blown toddler now - running around, talking, learning new things every day. She never ceases to amaze us with her spunk and silly personality. She is SO independent ... always wanting to do things on her own, like feed herself, take off her shoes, put lotion on herself, brush her teeth, blow her nose, climb up and go down her slide, open and shut doors, flush the toilet, throw things away, turn on her electronic toys, flip through her books, climb up on chairs, etc. It's almost like a game --- what can we get Ella to do next? I am all for letting her do things on her own (and make mistakes on her own). In my experience with kids, I have learned that this is what helps them to be most successful in life. It builds self-confidence, competence, imagination, and makes kids happier. Sweet.
Here'a a shot of Ella with her technology. This pic cracks me up because I am doing a book study about the I-Generation and how they learn. Apparently, they thrive on multi-tasking, often being on the phone and the internet at the same time. Ella's right on track, especially since she has already learned how to use my ipod touch!
Now, we can't get Ella to keep a tiny bow in her hair, but she is all for putting her Mr. Potato Head glasses on and keeping them on for a long time. So funny.
She also recently discovered pudding painting, and found that eating it was way more fun than playing with it. I can't say I blame her. If she is anything like her mommy, chocolate always takes priority.
Lastly, here is a picture of Ella with my best friend's new baby girl, Addelyn. Ella immediately leaned in to give her a kiss. Sweetest thing I ever saw.
I'm looking forward to seeing all the things that Ella learns over the next 6 months. Her 2nd birthday will be here before we know it, so here's to treasuring each and every moment.




No comments:
Post a Comment