Monday, April 16, 2012

Whole Wheat Yumminess

I came across this recipe on a blog I follow, and I couldn't believe how delicious these pancakes were. Definitely going down as one of our go-to breakfast recipes. Also great for breakfast-for-dinner ... who doesn't love that? We served these with our favorite turkey sausage and our all time favorite OJ.

Whole Wheat Pancakes
Recipe and picture from http://www.thehappyhousewife.com/

1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter 
1 tsp vanilla or vanilla paste
1/4 cup sugar (use less if desire less sweetness)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups whole wheat flour (we love King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour)

Instructions

Mix all the liquid ingredients. Beat for one minute on high (I did this by hand with a whisk, but will probably use an electric mixer next time). Mix in sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix in flour until batter is smooth but thick. Add more buttermilk to thin if needed. Cook on a hot (350 degree) buttered griddle. Makes 8-10 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...