Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Final Stretch

I am getting ready to transition into the third trimester, and I can hardly believe how quickly the time has passed. My doctor told me I am in the "home stretch" now, because Baby Gaghen could arrive as early as late July. I started to panic a little bit thinking about all the things we still had to do to get ready, but really we are not doing too shabby so far. If you know me at all and know how much of an organizer/planner I am, this should not be at all surprising.


To start, the nursery is practically ready to go - is that crazy? It was really easy because we didn't have to repaint the walls - just the trim. After a lot of research (which I would have never been able to do without my Baby Bargains book - I highly recommend this), we ordered some furniture online and were shocked to have it delivered within the week. We absolutely love this furniture. We ordered a crib and a combo changing table/dresser. Once Eli put all of it together (have I mentioned what an amazing husband I have), our room was starting to look like an actual nursery. Having it all come together makes everything seem so much more real.





My mom has been getting very excited as well, and surprised us with a little table that she found at a flea market that she and a friend had refinished and painted to match our bedding. They even made cushions for the seats! I swear it could have gone for like $300 at Pottery Barn Kids, it's so darn cute.


1 comment:

  1. That table is adorable! Remind me to tell your mom had great it looks.
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...