Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Twenty Nine Plus Four

Last weekend was my birthday, and I had the best weekend ever. Ella spent the night at my parents' house on Friday night, so Eli and I enjoyed an amazing dinner and live music at one of my favorite restaurants, Thomas in Westport. They have a guy who plays piano there about 5 nights a week, and he doesn't play your typical piano music. He has a book of songs to choose from ... anything from classical to rap. We requested a few of our favorite songs and even threw in some Beastie Boys' "Fight for your Right". Last time we were there, he played Warren G's Regulator. If you don't believe it, you'll have to check out this guy for yourself.

On our way home from Thomas, we stopped to grab a slice of chocolate coconut creme cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. We stayed up late watching movies and slept in the following morning. I started off my actual birthday with an amazing breakfast of crepes and fresh fruit from my husband (who rocks at making breakfast). Later, I enjoyed lunch and pedicures with two of my best friends and a matinee romantic comedy with my husband (and I think he kinda liked it). I finished off the day with a grilled steak dinner at my parents' house, complete with a black oil chocolate cake and some candles to blow out. My husband and parents surprised me with some new luggage and a 4th Generation Ipod Touch (which I am head over heels in love with). I am so blessed to have all these people that I love do so many special things for me.



When I turned 30, a good friend of mine told me not to dwell on the things that have passed, or things I have had to say goodbye to as I've gotten older, but instead to reflect on all that I have accomplished and the many things that I have to look forward to in my life. In that sense, I couldn't be happier about turning 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...